unboxing: Motorola X smartphone (SRP PHP 16,999)

unboxing Motorola X
Motorola is back here in the PH. Last July they released their new flagship smartphone. The Moto X. It’s a new Moto smartphone with 2.5ghz quad core processor, 2gb ram, 16gb storage, 5.2 inch amoled screen, 13mp rear cam, 2300mah battery. Best feature is that you can call commands by voice and do hand gesture without touching the phone.


It’s the selling point of the new Moto X, the customization of voice command, and it can recognize your own voice, operate the phone without touching the screen and also it has a lot of gesture that can activate different commands and app launcher.

TECH SPECS

Android 4.4 KitKat OS
5.2” AMOLED 1080p Full HD, 423 ppi, Corning© Gorilla© Glass
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 801 processor (MSM8974-AC) with 2.5 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 330 @ 578 MHz GPU
13 MP (f2.25) with Ring Flash, UHD (4K) video capture, 4X zoom
Custom voice prompt; 3rd party app control
4 mics
2GB RAM
16GB storage
Aluminum Metal Frame
Optional Wood or Leather for back case
2300 mAh battery
Moto Actions - IR Gestures
Turbo charging in 15min - battery can last for 8 hours

I got a hand of the new Moto X and I used it for a month, expect my review about it and you’ll see how I enjoyed the voice command.

But first, here’s an unboxing and my first hands on review

unboxing Motorola X

The box

unboxing Motorola X

Inside the box
✓Manual
✓Moto X smartphone
✓ USB cable
✓fast charger
✓earphone
✓ Sim tray key

unboxing Motorola X

Here’s the Moto X
I think my hand is already used to in handling smartphones with 5.5 inch screen, and here for the Moto X, I can tell that it’s a bit small.

unboxing Motorola X

The back case and the camera

unboxing Motorola X

AMOLED Full HD 1080p is really good.
For me its kinda visually stimulating. It’s a big different from the IPS screens

Its brighter and also the colors are so vivid.


unboxing Motorola X

My usual apps installed on the Moto X

unboxing Motorola X

Here’s the size and how thin it is.

Dimension:
Width: 72.4mm
Height: 140.8mm
Curve: 3.8-9.9mm

unboxing Motorola X

unboxing Motorola X

unboxing Motorola X

unboxing Motorola X

unboxing Motorola X

The back case is very curvy, this gives some comfort to your hand when you hold the Moto X

unboxing Motorola X


I like the ring flash style for the camera of the Moto X.


unboxing Motorola X

Here’s what Moto X sells…… voice command via Google Now
But for Moto X, this smartphone lets you program the voice and you can teach it to recognize your voice only.

unboxing Motorola X

I already programmed the Moto X to recognize my voice and I named the phone – Artoo
so whenever I say…. “Hello Artoo”, the Moto X will activate and will listen for the next voice command.

After saying Hello Artoo. The Moto X wokes up and then I said “When is my next meeting” and then the Moto X started to think and translated my voice into a command.

unboxing Motorola X

And then Google Now activated and spoke to me… narrating my schedule and next meeting for the next day.

unboxing Motorola X

Testing the camera… I have an interesting comment about it. Watch out for my review.

unboxing Motorola X

Browsing my blog

unboxing Motorola X

That’s the sim tray key

unboxing Motorola X

I used the sim tray key to open the sim tray.

unboxing Motorola X

Welcome back and hello Moto!