Aozora Japanese Café and Bistro in Tagaytay (my 2nd visit) –New Year 2016 holiday staycation part 2

DSC_0012

Me and Lace were planning to have a dinner date last night, my first thought is to dine at Aozora and then she told me that she want to try that old Korean restaurant near our home in Tagaytay. But then we received a short notice from Mama that she wants to have our dinner in Aozora Japanese Café and Bistro, so we agreed to join and then we decided to eat an early dinner and walk to Aozora before night time.

Walking on the sidewalk at nearly 6pm here in Tagaytay is fun, cool and also freezing hahaha. We covered ourselves with lots of layer just to beat the cold weather with strong wind factor. Its like we’re in another country with cold weather hahaha.

P_20151230_190850

We arrived in Aozora Japanese Café and Bistro before dark and I noticed that the restaurant is busy with lots of dining customers. Wow!! that’s a good status for the resto, it’s a bit different when we 1st dine here few months ago, it was quiet and spacious, but last night, it was so crowded. I guess the restaurant is now discovered by people from Manila by word of mouth online. Congratulations Aozora!

P_20151230_175305_BF

I realized that my son haven’t tried yet the food in Aozora, but we were here before but ate our dinner at La Finca restaurant, which is located below Aozora. Our son Ash got amazed again to see the Taal Volcano, and then I heard some trivia again from him and told me that the crater is going small every year (I don’t know which crater)

P_20151230_190307

Aozora Japanese Café and Bistro is so alive that night, with lots of dining customers, happy guest and nice display of Japanese folding fans on the wall. I also caught a glimpse of their Japanese chef behind the counter making our sashimi and maki.

DSC_0034

Its our New Year’s out of town celebration here in Tagaytay, Im glad that there’s a good Japanese restaurant available and its just a walking distance from our home.

DSC_0001

I didn’t got a chance to take a pic of their new menu. Their menu is much organized today compare to the last time I visited the restaurant during their soft opening stage.
And here’s what we ordered last night

DSC_0004

sweet chili fried dilis
It’s a complimentary side dish

DSC_0003

Aozora Salad

DSC_0006

Salmon sashimi
Always the best and Im glad they have this fresh

DSC_0009

Fresh sea urchin sashimi


DSC_0011

My ever fave Gyudon


DSC_0012

Dragon maki

DSC_0035

Tempura

DSC_0020

Aozora ramen aka Bulalo ramen
it’s the original dish here in Aozora. A must try ramen with bulalo soup and beef meat

DSC_0019

Shoyu ramen

DSC_0021

The Bulalo ramen always comes with a candle lit heater, this will keep your ramen warm and hot.
I wonder if they have a version with hot plate only, I want to eat this without the heater.

DSC_0017

Ashton enjoyed the dinner and he loves the gyudon, salmon sashimi and the Bulalo ramen.

DSC_0025

Lace and Liza grabbing a soup of the two ramen


DSC_0033

My bulalo ramen on a small bowl

DSC_0042

Everyone just finished our bulalo ramen, and the one left is this shoyu ramen
I tried to finish it but I’m so full already hhahaha.


DSC_0031

Thanks to Aozora Japanese Café and Bistro for warming our tummy with hot ramen and good Japanese food. I’m planning to go back here again to try the other ramen.

Great to meet Ms Chrisitine of Aozora too last night.

P_20151230_175222_HDR

Thanks guys for reading my post… Happy New Year to all!


Aozora Japanese Café and Bistro
Branch: Domicillo Tagaytay, Km. 58 Gen. E Aguinaldo Highway, Tagaytay City, Cavite 2418, 2418 Tagaytay City
For reservation: 09063501704 / 0464134486 / 09155038800

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aozorajapanese