Sun Life Sun Shorts "She Said, She Said" speaks how you can prepare for the future


The 2nd Sun Shorts features a single mom and her daughter, if you plan to watch the video, I suggest you ready your tissue to wipe out those tears. Im sure that any single parent can relate about the story of the characters on She Said, She Said Sun Shorts.

For being a parent, everything should be planned well. All have deadlines and we dont want to end our support to our child, but what if we grow old or got sick, what will happen to them after?

Its scary to think about the grim future if we are not that prepared and dont have plan for the life of our kids. Starting a family is serious business, its not a joke, I realize now the hardship of my parents, why they are so mad at me whenever I bug them for attention and ask for more budget to buy my toys. I remember the days that I haven't seen my dad for days because of work, and my mom, I only see her in the morning and then in the afternoon.

Parents work so hard for the future of their child. The video presented in the Sun Shorts shows that parents gave everything they got to earn more money and they use these earnings for the family's daily needs and also for the family's savings.

Getting an educational plan for our kids is the first step, and if you dont know how to get one, there's a product at Sun Life Philippines called My Future Fund.  You apply for a financial goal and target the release of that fund on a certain date or year and this to be use for the child's educational plan, the parent's retirement fund, housing funds or even fund for your business.

See Also. Mommy Lace #SunShorts Remind Filipino Moms about Financial Planning

For example, if you apply for a My Future Fund with an annual premium of PHP 40,500 and you started funding it when your child is at 4 years old, then after 13 years your fund value will be at PHP683,982, and if you fund it more until they reach college, you can get a fund benefit around to 2.6 Million, if you choose a longer target date to release the fund and your continue funding it annually.

Im not a financial adviser, Im not sure if I get the computation right,  I suggest you read the details here at  --- Read. My Future Fund to get more accurate explanation.


WATCH THE VIDEO


So what do you think of the video?
Does it speak well to you on how to prepare for the future?