Buildings in Escolta st. - Feast of the Black Nazarene 2015 part 3

DSC_0157

My tummy starts to crumble because its past lunch time. I walked down to Escolta st. as my short cut going to Binondo st. Walking in Escolta is like a travel to the past. Old buildings with designs that dated 1920-30s. Some buildings are controversial like the El Hogar building that was scheduled to be demolished but now its on hold because many people are against it because the art designs and the building is a heritage structure that needs to be preserved.
I also heard that the entire Escolta st. is now being sold… omg. I hope its not true
here in my post, I like to feature some of the awesome vintage building designs that erected even before the world war 2. and yeah..they survived the war and they are the witness to the past of Old Manila.


DSC_0153

Side view of Don Roman Santos Building….also called BPI


DSC_0154


Sta. Cruz building


DSC_0155

DSC_0156

First United Building



DSC_0157

Regina Building

DSC_0158

Homeless guy sleeps infront of an abandoned building with a wrapped around “Welcome to Escolta” banner tarp


DSC_0159

Natividad Building
impressive ha… some of the buildings are newly painted
just in time for the feast

DSC_0160

And here’s the City College Institute building that was on fire few days ago
I’m glad that its an abandon building before it was on fire.
But..sayang yung building. and this is scheduled for demolition
hmm sinadya kaya yung sunog?
DSC_0161

One last look…




DSC_0162

The UFO shaped building…. The Commercial Bank & Trust Company Building

DSC_0163

My view to the other side which is Ongpin

DSC_0164

Devotees..so tired

DSC_0165

Jones Bridge

DSC_0166

DSC_0168

Now I started to be really hungry when I saw this Savory sign hahahah

DSC_0169

Spotted a media man waiting for the arrival of the Black Nazarene