On my way to Quiapo Church–Feast of the Black Nazarene 2015 part 1

DSC_0046

Its another time of the year, its the 1st feast for the entire year and I’m glad its here in Manila, I was prepared for this, but then I realized I’m not fully prepared. I left home so late and arrived here in Recto, Manila at around 11:30am, compare to my regular visit in Quiapo Church, I usually arrive at around 9am and attend mass at an early schedule.

But my story started when cameras are low batt, I woke up early and started doing some morning chores with my son and then I got the time to charge my gadgets and get updated on what’s going on at the procession of the Black Nazarene.
As usual, I will gear up and cover it here in my blog, I don’t usually blog about it, but since I’m there and I see the action, its best for me to take a pic, shoot a video and share a story here in my blog.



DSC_0004

Here’s my view of the part of the MRT
I arrived in D. Jose LRT station and took the Recto route going to Quiapo Church. Its much more easy to go there and I’m very familiar with the place.

DSC_0006

MRT lobby is deserted as I arrive, because every took the Carriedo station, much more nearer to the church.

DSC_0007

Here I test my camera and prepared myself to gear up
Nikon D5300 strapped to my Black Rapid strap
and then a GoPro Hero 3+ attached to my strap

DSC_0011

Lone guard….watching the crowd below the MRT


DSC_0015

Back view….

DSC_0017

my old tambayan during my College years hahaha.
Isetan was cool during the 90s

DSC_0019

Grocery staff push a cart back to their grocery here in Isetan


DSC_0020

Spotted some devotees sleeping outside the mall

DSC_0021

A devotee and her child… waiting for someone

DSC_0024

Kids enjoyed watching a vendor showing off his paper toy

DSC_0026

My road to Quiapo Church starts here….

DSC_0031

Spotted some shirts of Jesus sold by local vendors



DSC_0034

My first view of the Black Nazarene replica here in Recto
Actually I was clueless about the whereabouts of the procession. I logged into my Twitter checking the updates of all news center

DSC_0036


arrival of another replica at the other side of the Recto ibabaw

DSC_0037

more shirts for sale.
priced at around PHP 100 to PHP 150

DSC_0039

Lady vendor sells their home made shirts for the feast

DSC_0042

A kid carries his take home maya bird


DSC_0043

”Ama ko”
means.. my Father
This lady is selling a silk screen print to your shirt for PHP 20 only

DSC_0044

Oh… my first sighting of a merchandise of Pope Francis papal visit

DSC_0048

Picture taking….


DSC_0049

Buko vendor…


DSC_0052

These shirts designs looks cool
I like the Sto Nino shirt

DSC_0051

The most awesome shirt is a Manny Pacquiao shirt!

DSC_0053

Puto you want ?
All street food looks good. But I avoid eating one

DSC_0054

Lady devotee ask for some directions from our Manila Police
awesome!! good job sir

DSC_0056

Silk screen print business is now open!
get a print for only PHP 20.
Bring your own shirt

DSC_0059

hahahaha China made toys…


DSC_0060

Statue of the Black Nazarene sold as souvenir or your own image at home

DSC_0062

This guy is giving away free bottled water
I was surprised that he do that, maybe he’s a business owner of a local shop in Raon st.

DSC_0064

Approaching…Raon st.

DSC_0066

Spike hair guy arrives carrying a case of Coca Cola.
Ohhh…I want to drink an ice cold after my trip here.

DSC_0068

Devotees arrived and walking away from the church


DSC_0071

Poor birds..
those African lovebirds are priced at PHP 380 for pairs

DSC_0072

I spotted a fellow shooter

DSC_0074

The crowd starts to swell
it means I’m near Quiapo church

DSC_0075

Its my first time to spot this new foot bridge before the Quiapo Church.
I saw this on TV and the priest stood there to bless all the statues and replica of the Black Nazarene.


next blog post…. scene around Quiapo church