North Asian Showdown- Japanese, Chinese and Korean buffet in Marriott Cafe

P1011346

I always have a wonderful and awesome dining experience in Marriot Hotel’s Marriott CafĂ©, my favorite dishes are there and I always dig it whenever I visit them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. But for their buffet special for Sept 17-Oct 15, 2015, they featured my favorite Japanese, Chinese and Korean dishes for their North Asian Showdown buffet special.

Because of that buffet special event, my dining experience is very different and I felt it was my first time to dine in Marriott Café after eating their Korean dishes.

I felt that Im in a new Marriott CafĂ©…..but this time, tasting an authentic Korean dishes that was personally handled by their Korean guest chef – Chef Su Dong Jing. Also Marriott’s executive Chinese Chef – Chef Law Wing Wiu is always there to bring authentic Chinese cuisine.

Here are the rates:
Sept 17-Oct 15, 2015
Mon-Sat lunch buffet -- PHP 1900
Sun-Thurs Dinner buffet -- PHP 2100

P1011434

The good news is that Marriott Café just finished their dining area make over.
This time, they brought a much wider, spacious and glamorous dining area for their guest

P1011315

Hotel staff in Japanese and Korean traditional costume that welcomed their guest during the opening night of North Asian Showdown.

P1011314

Marriott CafĂ©’s new dining area

P1011317

Marriott CafĂ©’s new dining area


P1011354

North Asian Showdown also features the best beer, wine and traditional wines from Japan, China and Korea.

Each drinks are marked with a special price.

P1011357

That Japanese sake dispenser is awesome……. a gulp of a small cup of sake is really good..
take note: they are served in warm condition.

P1011312

Marriott CafĂ©’s regulars are also there during the North Asian Showdown.

P1011313

Seafood is one of the best seller here.

P1011316

Sushi and maki at the Japanese section

P1011318

Roasted duck, chicken, turkey and piglet are a favorite at the Chinese section

P1011321

There’s also a make your own Ramen
Im glad that the serving is just right and not too many.. this will help you to make more room in your tummy.

P1011325

My favorite dish from the North Asian Showdown is the Korean area.
Its Marriott’s first time to have a Korean buffet, so I dig this and enjoyed a Korean dishes for the night.

P1011335

Kimchi pancake are a must try…

P1011326

A platter of Bibimbap
the serving is just right…and not too much
The Bibimbap is prepared by their Korean chef

P1011342

From their Korean buffet

Stir dried pork belly with chili paste sauce

P1011343

My favorite--- Kalbi Jim

P1011344

Fried chicken with chili sauce
yes…its Korean..because of the chili and spicy sauce.

P1011405

The best experience is to make my own Korean Hot Pot.
I just select some leafy ingredients and some seafood for my Korean Hot Pot

tip:
Get some petchay, toge, lots of kimci, seashells, squid and some onion leaves.



P1011408

And after some minutes,the chef staff cooked my ingredients with Korean Hot Pot soup
and I just created the perfect Korean flavor……omg, it reminded me of that Kimchi Jigae or a Hae Mul Tang

P1011418

Here’s a bowl of my Korean Hot Pot…I super enjoyed this and for the first time I mixed the right ingredients and got the taste that I want.

P1011422

After my Korean Hot Pot, I went to the ramen area and ordered a kind of ramen with miso soup base
Its okay….but maybe bec of the Korean Hot pot…the taste stayed on my buds for a longer time….Its hard to taste their ramen.

P1011414

Lace sipping the hot and chili Korean Hot Pot
I have a photo of her grinning after the chili effect ahhahaha Im not going to post it

P1011425

Its tea time for her.. but

P1011428

Its ramen time for me….

P1011410

Us..dining with travel and food bloggers in one table.






P1011433

Thanks to Marriott Hotel’s Michelle Garcia for inviting us to try and taste their North Asian Showdown.

For foodies who love Korean food and hotel dining…. You should try and check Marriott CafĂ©’s North Asian Showdown buffet specials