Chaplin café and restaurant in Century City Mall–my first visit and my love for Shakshouka

DSC_0079

I’m surprised that I super love the food offering at Chaplin café and restaurant, located at the level 4 of Century City Mall in Kalayaan Ave, Makati City. I always visit that mall to attend a meeting or events and Im a frequent visitor already but I don’t have the time to check out the restaurants inside the mall.

I’m glad that Im introduced to Chaplin.At first I thought that it was just an ordinary café, I didn’t research much about it, I just browsed their Instagram for food pics and from there I learned that its not only a café, its also a restaurant. I got excited for days for my visit to do a taste and try of their food. I even posted Charlie Chaplin GIF images on my Facebook just to share my excitement about Chaplin.

DSC_0113

I didn’t get much info why it was called Chaplin, but I was informed that the food is a fusion of Middle Easter, Mediterranean and International cuisine.

I’m a bit puzzled about the Middle Eastern side, and also I learned that the head chef of Chaplin is from Israel.

DSC_0112

Chaplin is located at the level 4 of Century City Mall.

DSC_0115

The restaurant features café style dining area and also restaurant style dining area. They also have an alfresco dining and also a bar.


Here are the menu of Chaplin
just click on the photo to view the price of their food

DSC_0096 DSC_0097 DSC_0098 DSC_0099 DSC_0100 DSC_0101DSC_0102 DSC_0103 DSC_0104 DSC_0105 DSC_0117

Looking at the price of their food… the price ranges are just right for a restaurant in Makati.


So here’s our food on the table.
I invited Ted of www.wazzup.ph to dine with me.
Enzo of www.juanmanilaexpress.com was supposed to join with us, but he stayed home and recover from a flu.

DSC_0060

STRAWBERRY AND BANANA FRUIT SHAKE
PHP 185

This was not on their menu. But I requested for a mix of banana and strawberry for their fruit shake.
Im so glad that the barista accepted my request and he made me my fruit shake

Its so good…It energized me a bit after walking under the scorching sun of 12nn.

DSC_0095

MANGO JUICE
ORANGE JUICE
PHP 175 EACH

More juices for hydration. We’re so lucky that our country is rich of nutritious fruits.


DSC_0080

CHAPLIN SALAD
PHP 460

The Chaplin salad is not your ordinary salad. I love the mixture and recipe they used, its not your regular salad. I think they used olive oil for the salad.

DSC_0085

SHAKSHOUKA (SOLO)
PHP 195

It’s a mix of ripe tomato, egg, tomato sauce and zucchini. They say that this Shakshouka is a Middle Eastern traditional breakfast. They cook this over the iron pan…fry or bake it.

DSC_0087

Its an awesome sight to see that the yolk of the egg burst like a lava of a volcano. It added a creamy flavor over a soury-sweet-fruity flavor of a Shakshouka

For me, this is my ever favorite at Chaplin. I can visit this resto anytime just for this Shakshouka.

DSC_0086

FREE BREAD IF YOU ORDER SHAKSHOUKA

There’s free bread and butter in every order of Shakshouka.
So enjoy your hearty breakfast here at Chaplin.

DSC_0093

BOUREKAS
PHP 240

Bourekas is like a sandwich with filling of salad and egg. It’s a veggie treat and there’s no meat inside.

DSC_0108

TAHINI EGGPLANT
PHP 165

Its my first time to try this Tahini eggplant. Tahini is a spread made up of grounded sesame seed. It’s a Middle Eastern specialty similar to humus and baba ghanoush,.

I think if you have Tahini, it can mix well with any veggies available.
But tahini on an eggplant is a super win when it comes to flavor and smoky aroma.


DSC_0110

CHAPLIN BURGER
PHP 375

Grilled burger with pickles and salady’ like flavor.

DSC_0123

SALMON FILLET
PHP 460

If you want a much more heavy meal, try their Salmon fillet (pan seared on butter), it comes with mashed potatoes and some salad.


DSC_0128

CRUMBLED CHEESE CAKE
PHP 195

They say that the most best selling food item here at Chaplin is their Crumbled Cheese Cake
Wow!!! I don’t know what’s the buzz about it.. but when I tried it..it was just okay.

I think I should come back and try it with not much food on my belly.
Of course, best to pair it with a brewed coffee.

DSC_0119

Visit Chaplin in Century City Mall


10269351_10208996256732118_5959196130328513167_n


CHAPLIN
Address: Century City MAll, Kalayaan Avenue, Cor. Salamanca Street, Brgy. Poblacion, 1603 Makati, Philippines
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chaplin.cafe.philippines



Screenshot_2016-04-03-20-22-14

Follow Chaplin in Instagram
www.instagram.com/chaplin_ph