Hot air balloon aftermath and tour around SM City Clark

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (5)

Right after our coverage of the 21st Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, we went to Quest Hotel Clark for the press con and also announcement of winners for the photography contest. On the blog cover of this post is my entry for the photography contest.

I pick up my Apple devices so late that day and that's the only balloons left on the ground, so I snap that ground marshal as my foreground and use the balloon as my background. Although the photo is so weak and doesn't have any wow factor. But I told them that there's a story behind this photo, thats why I call it ground zero.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (6)

In Quest Hotel Clark for the Adam Elements and Power Mac Center Press con



aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (2)

Bloggers got tired and sleepy after the morning coverage. We spent our time here at the lobby to rest and relax. The ballroom is not yet ready at that time, so we stayed at the lobby to rest and camp out hahaha. Im glad that there's a coffee machine nearby.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (3)

The entire ballroom and the CR is for us to use, so we cleaned up and wore fresh clothes for the press con, as for me,..I took a bath inside the CR at the sink hahaha. I went out of the CR wearing fresh shirt and also I cleaned up my pants, shoes and camera because it was covered with lahar dust.

That's my foot at the lobby, taking a rest and also enjoying some hot comfy..
I almost felt asleep because the coffee is so relaxing.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (4)

Its funny that I wore my Nike dry fit sando, I was planning to wear this on my way home but the most unfortunate time that I experience is that...I forgot to bring my towel with me. So after I clean up, bathe my face and half body and also use shampoo with conditioner for my hair, I found no face towel inside my bag...OMG I forgot to bring it with me.

So I used my extra shirt to wipe my body and head and that shirt was supposed to be for the press con....so that's the reason why I end up wearing that dry fit shirt. Im glad the PR said that it was okay and they saw me so fresh and it was like I came from my bed room hahaha.

At the press con, we learned about the products of Adam Elements and also awarding of winners. The grand prize was given to John Michael Bueno for his awesome photo of 3 hot air balloon, his photo title is called "Trinity"


aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (12)

After the Power Mac Center event, Our 1st plan is to visit Aling Lucing Sisig restaurant in San Fernando, Pampanga, but we're glad that we didn't go there, because I heard the line and waiting time is so long due to large volume of visitors from Manila.

Buti na lang we have a schedule meet up with SM City Clark Marketing that day, for us to tour and see what's SM City Clark can offer for us local visitors and tourist of the Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta.

Before the meeting, we visited SM Store to shop for new clothes. We spotted a nice white shirt with the Philippines map design. We bought three shirts for us to use it as our next #EATgetaway uniform.
The shirt is around PHP 495 each

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (7)

SM City Clark was preparing for their grand sale for Valentines Day,  they are now arranging and also placing products with low prices inside SM Store.

Here we hunt for a nice shirt that can fit us.

Too bad... no size XL for me.


aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (8)

At the other side of the shirt rack, more shirts with low prices are being sold.
We also found a cute shirt with statement print ons that says -- I love blogging, I love eating, I love traveling and I love cats", Nicole was so interest to buy the shirt, but it was too small for her.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (11)

Then the SM Store staff brought in big boxes containing more shirts ahahahah
so we dig and try to look if there are "bloggers" shirt for me and women with sizes for us.

In the end...we didn;t get to find one. Also we convinced Enzo to sing at the Magic Sing booth to charm Nicole and Ted to buy more shirts hahaha.


aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (10)

Our loot of the day, Ted holding our new #EATgetaway uniforms


aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (13)

We walked around SM City Clark and we saw that they have a mobile ice skating rink. I heard that this ice skating rink version can be moved to a different location and can reach provincial SM malls. Galeng ha! kids who are far away from the Manila can also try ice skating via SM Storyland's mobile ice skating rink.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (14)

SM City Clark's Starbucks is also nice. Its a box type cafe with semi-alfresco dining area, still located inside the air conditioned mall.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (16)

We met the SM City Clark team and ate our lunch here at Gerry's Grill, me and my fellow bloggers question why are the food so great for provincial branches of Gerry's Grill, while here in Manila we get the not so good taste of their dishes.

I guess that Gerry's Grill provincial branch cooks better than their Manila branch.

But then, I realized, we are in Pampanga, and this province is known as the culinary capital of the Philippines, the Pampanga folks cooking skill are the best!

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (19)

After the lunch, we tour around SM City Clark, and I saw that they have a new wing filled with new restaurants.

Here I saw that they have Toll House

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (21)

And a new Korean restaurant - Yami Bulogi




We also learned that there's a Park Inn by Radisson Hotel beside SM City Clark. Now this is a good sign that next year we might book our staycation here for the Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2018. But I was advised that I should book a room as early as October because many people are booking 3-4 months before the event.

Ok noted!


aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (25)

SM City Clark is also taking care of some century old trees at the back of their building. Instead of cutting the trees down to give way for new buildings, they instead converted the area as a freedom park and modern sanctuary for these century old trees.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (23)

The trees are so big and according to an environmental expert that these trees should not be torn down because of its old age.


aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (22)

The mall admins placed a no smoking sign at their freedom park. So that fresh air can still felt outside the mall.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (29)

If you are at SM City Clark, I suggest you check out their park behind the mall.


aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (28)

At the park, we spotted their hot air balloon decor.


aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (30)

The most impressive here at SM City Clark is that they expanded the mall building, we walked around at the back and saw more restaurants, there's also a building nearby that serves as a BPO center, the back side of the mall is so busy because they serve those BPO people who are getting to ready to work or just finished their shift. They also have a fountain that do some light show at night that add more aesthetics to the  mall's new wing.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (31)

Another interesting store at SM City Clark is the Robbie's Deli in a Hurry store.


aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (32)

Its a store that sells sandwiches and salad with healthy ingredients. Its not really a store, but its a large kiosk with vending machine

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (34)

You just insert tokens and then select which food you want to pick up. Also the chef behind the vending machine will replenish their stock and add freshly made sandwiches for their customers.


aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (35)

Tokens can be bought at the store. I heard that Robbie's will be transferred to a new location, so that it can have its own air conditioned store and dine in center.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (36)

This vending machine type of fast food should have an award!
I hope they can bring this concept here in Manila.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (39)

At the new building of SM City Clark, this view reminds us of SM Lanang and SM City Davao, because of its high ceiling and also location of the event center.

The structure and design of new SM Malls are going to have a modern look. Just like in SM Trece Martires, its the most modern and classy provincial mall here in Cavite.

aftermath-philippine hot air balloon fiesta 2017 coverage by azrael coladilla (37)

So that's the end of our Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta visit and also tour around SM City Clark Pampanga.

Thanks to these people who helped us

Ms Joana and team at SM City Clark
Millette, Annalyn and Sarah of the Philippine Hot Air Balloon
Erwn dela Cruz of CIDC for the Power Mac Center Event