Partial Lunar Eclipse tonight in the Philippines- ready your cameras!!

a PC218116

Last August 2, 2017, I've read the news posted at Manila Bulletin and they reported that there's a scheduled partial lunar eclipse in the evening August 7-8, 2017.

After reading the detail posted in their website, I marked the lunar event in my online calendar and recharged the batteries 5 days before the event. To make sure that my cameras are ready when the shadow of the Earth starts to cover the moon.

According to this article,  Penumbra event of the moon or the light shadow will start at 11:50pm of August 7. Then the moom will turn darker, because of the Earth's shadow at around 1:22am of August 8.

25% of the surface of the moon will be covered by the earth's shadow, and this is expected to be observed til 3:18am. OMG I might go to bed right after 2am -- puyat ako e.

So there you go guys!  Ready your astro gear, lets observe the moon and hope for clear skies!


Read more of my astronomy blog coverages here at http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/search/label/astronomy